Thursday, November 13, 2008

A rainy cold November day


Saratoga Reads



Secret Life of Bees Book



Loving FrankA perfect day to take some time and read.
Just indulge yourself in an hour or two - while the kids are napping or at school. Put off the laundry, the phone calls, or the e-mails. Turn the TV off and grab a cup of tea and a good book!
Saratoga Reads has selected their book, "The Secret Life of Bees" by Sue Monk Kidd. There will be tons of community activities going on all year based on the book. Check out Saratoga Reads for more information on upcoming events. I read it and really enjoyed it. I look forward to seeing the movie when it comes out this month, but everyone knows the book is always better than the movie!
In case you are like me and have already read "The Secret Life of Bees" and need a suggestion on another book - "Loving Frank" by Nancy Horan is my book club's (more about those crazy ladies later!) pick this month and I am loving it! It is about Frank Lloyd Wright and his mistress Mamah Cheney's love affair. But, it is soooo much more. Written as historical fiction (which I love) through Mamah's diary. As I read on the book's website Lovingfrank.com, "Mamah is a woman trying to find her own place, her own creative calling in the world." Now that is something I can relate to! I'm sure it will make for another interesting discussion and evening when my 8 (+?) year old book club meets next week. Uh ohhh I better....
Get Reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment