Monday, October 12, 2009

Vows

Peter and I made ours 13 years ago today. We've had our ups and downs, but our commitment to each other and the sacrament of marriage has not wavered. He was and remains today my best friend, my first and only true love, and my prince charming {although that one I now share with our 3 girls}.

We are entering middle age and must face the challenges that go along with it. As my brother said in his homily {reflecting on the gospel reading from the Wedding Of Cana} that day 13 years ago "...We live with the hope of the future. We know Jesus is more ahead of us than behind us. Peter and Susan may Christ who transforms our lives continue to change yours in the years ahead. Where there are waters of doubt be changed to wine of faith, where there are waters of of despair be changed to the wine of hope, where there are waters of brokenness be changed to the wine of healing and reconciliation, and where there is the water of selfishness be changed to the wine of love."

I lift my glass to my husband and our marriage today and all the days to come! Happy Anniversary, Peter. I love you.

5 comments:

  1. OH!!!! sooo sweet!!! I love the part when you said now you share it with your three grils!!!!! Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I was there! Happy Anniversary Susan and Peter! You are an even better couple now than you were then. I wish you many more years of happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You brought me to tears...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aunt Susie!

    I miss you a lot! Your message to Uncle Pete is really beautiful, as were the words from Uncle Timmy. I hope all is well, and I hope to talk to you soon!

    Love,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to be Peter and Susan someday...Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete