Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Car Coat






My fall shopping continued over the week-end. Check out my Twitter Updates {lower left} for pictures of other great discoveries I found along the way {the video was a mistake - still an iphone novice - but aren't those booties from 80 West fabulous??? And how about the new home store on Broadway - Props??? Love it! More about that later}.
I'm a big fan of the car coat. I like the length and the fact that it can easily be dressed up or down - perfect for my lifestyle. I found the above coat by Tulle at Violet's. Mine is in navy blue. I love the urban flare. The details are what got me. Scalloped front, exposed brass zipper, slimming waistband, and the zippy stripped lining. I've had my eye out for a new coat for the season and Violet's did not disappoint. They have lots to choose from {car coats, puffy coats, short, long, plaid, solid}. I happen to like a lighter weight coat because I'm always in and out of the car. The price sealed the deal... $123.00.


Shop now or wait until the big shopping event on November 6 {kick off party} and November 7th {shop all day Saturday people!}. Look for all the details on Wednesday. Grab your moms, sisters, girlfriends, husbands, or boyfriends and get ready to shop!!! Make a week-end out of it or just the day - it's up to you. Everything you've liked from the past - shopping, deals, spa treatments, trunk shows and giveaways!! Only this time I'm adding more restaurants, more time {why rush?}, and the art community, because Fashion is Art.


Do you Tweet? Follow me on Twitter - downtownsb where I will continue to post more finds along the way that may not make it to the blog. Why miss out???


Also - please subscribe {left column} to Downtown Susie Brown to have my blog fed to your e-mail address.


It's going to be a great week... See... Shopping puts me in such a good mood...

No comments:

Post a Comment