Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Gossip Girl Look Saratoga Style




Yes, I'm coming clean. I'm old enough to be Serena and Jenny's mom and I watch Gossip Girl. I like it. It's a bit 90210 {the original series - and yes again, I'm old enough to remember and have enjoyed that show and I am a little depressed that those characters now play the parents on the remake!} meets Sex in the City. High School angst meets Big City fashion. Plus, I'm a sucker for anything fashionably New York. Monday's episode had a great Prohibition-era Halloween party scene celebrating the opening of a club. Now that's a party I could truly embrace! Love that flapper 1920's look. You look great {no scary green body paint to remove after too many scare-tini's}. In addition, it can double as an amazing Holiday party dress. The Gossip Girl bunch was decked out in Chanel {of course}, but that is a look that is easy to duplicate. I found the above short black sequence cocktail dress at Frivolous Boutique, 18 Division Street {participating in the upcoming Shopping Event}. I paired it with some grey, black and pearl strands - the more the better, a headband with a flower motif, and a killer cocktail ring and voila... Gossip Girl has nothing on DTSB! So whether you are looking for a great Halloween costume, a Holiday party outfit, or both - this is a look that is both classic and stylish!
A little more gossip on Gossip Girl: Saratoga's own Chris Riggi {yes, that Riggi} is on the show. So, watch it for the drama, the fashion or to support our own local celeb.

6 comments:

  1. I love the flapper look too, I think I was born in the wrong era!

    Citizen Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm completely addicted to Gossip Girl and yes I too am old enough to be a mom on the show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this with all of us. Every girl has her most beautiful moment in the life just when you wear your own wedding dresses in your wedding.You can visit our wedding dress shop.Cheap wedding dresses have good quality. You can find ball gown wedding dresses,mother of the bride dresses,mermaid wedding dresses,flower girl dresses,strapless wedding dresses,a line wedding dresses,plus size wedding dresses,column wedding dresses,beach wedding dresses,empire wedding dresses,tea length wedding dresses,bridesmaid dresses,cocktail dresses,evening dresses,prom dresses your dream. Get your wedding dress in our bridal shop. Finally,I hope you have a happy wedding.

    ReplyDelete