Wednesday, July 1, 2009

While the Kids are Away, the Parents will Play!



saratoga-city-tavern.jpgOut on a Monday night!  How strange, how unexpected, how FUN!  The kids are away visiting their NH cousins so my husband and I have some flexibility this week.  We jumped into our week free of parental duties by a enjoying a summer night downtown.  Our first stop on a nice summer evening is the Saratoga City Tavern.  Known for it's 5 floors of diverse musical entertainment - the fifth floor is the place to be in the summer.  The roof top bar over looks the city and is the perfect place to enjoy a beverage as the sun sets.




Wine-Bar-dinner.jpg


Our next stop?  The Wine Bar.  We are truly fortunate to have this establishment in our town.  The quality, service and impeccable food rivals any 4 star NYC restaurant.  Having spent a fair time in NYC and our love of travel has allowed us to eat in many fine restaurants.  The Wine Bar's food and wine list delivers the taste and experience you would expect to get in a major metropolitan city.  We sat outside, drank some very good wine {I had a glass of white Italian - my husband a White Burgundy}, I had the scallops {delicious} and my husband had the tenderloin {highly recommend} and enjoyed an evening with the man I love in the city I love! 


Happy Birthday, Peter! 


The Staycation Continues....


{Giveaway Wednesday to return in 2 Weeks!}



2 comments:

  1. Yes, Happy 40th Birthday Peter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful & Happy Birthday Pete!

    ReplyDelete