Monday, October 27, 2008

Where does a Recessionista shop Downtown?


Shoes from Lioness on Beekman StreetOK - the news is depressing. We all have to change our ways and tighten our belts (just make sure they are the skinny patent ones - preferably in a violet) and be more creative with our shopping. Notice I didn't say stop - I said creative and I don't mean the taking from Peter to pay Paul kind of creative! I mean going out and find the look you want at the price you can afford. Isn't the hunt half the fun? I learned from the best - my Mom! I'm here to help... Lioness (closed Monday's and Tuesday's) a great new consignment-vintage boutique celebrated their grand opening at 30 Beekman Street last Friday. The consignment shop is set up to give you the feel that you are shopping in a well merchandised boutique at a fraction of the price the typical "experience" will cost you! They sell both men's and women's clothing and accessories. I found the above shoes for $22.00 - totally loving the plaid and the button.
So, out with the Diva's and in with the Recessionista's..... it's time to take our shopping and saving more seriously.... Hunting anyone?



No comments:

Post a Comment