Monday, February 28, 2011

I've Traded Fashion for Furniture {temporarily!}

OK, OK ... I stole that line from Carrie Bradshaw from the last SATC movie. But, it's been true these last few months of settling into our "home-away-from-home" in NYC. Thanks to the help of some of my very talented and gifted interior design friends and being obsessed with interior design magazines, blogs, the very cool on-line magazine Lonny, and of course the adorable Nate Berkus Show. I have been able to transform our 2 bedroom apartment into a home for 5 {plus the 75 lb. Golden!}. I still have some work to do, but it's getting there. I scored some tickets to the Nate Berkus Show and after being stood up the first time {I'll forgive you, Nate}, I got in on the second try {and VIP treatment}. It was worth it. Loved the show, the experience I shared with my good friend D who drove from Saratoga to join me, and the tips Nate gave us. D and I were good audience participates - clapped, chuckled, cheered all at the appropriate times... It wasn't hard - Nate made it easy!



Grab your popcorn...our show airs today!



Hmmm..... I hope they got my outfit....

No comments:

Post a Comment