Saturday, March 20, 2010

My Latest Bling...

I had a wedding to go to a few weeks ago. I planned on wearing my LBD - but wanted to spice it up a bit. I remembered seeing the above lovelies at Silverado. Perfect.... I now had a reason to splurge! Why is it we ladies need a reason to treat ourselves to something special? I did all the female psycho analysis. Do I need {translation: deserve} these? I did have some conservative hoops or pearls to wear - but, hey! I didn't buy a new dress {more rationalization}, I got my shoes at Marshalls {pre-Stella's} and I don't go to weddings at the Carlyle {in NYC} that often {ever}. So, even though Mother's Day is around the corner, I decided to go for it. And guess what? They not only go with my LBD - but look great with my new David Kahn jeans {from Violet's} paired with my black jacket {from Aggie's} and a white tee {by Vince from Aggie's}. Come to think of it these babies would look good with ANYTHING. Why? Because they are made by a Parisian designer {Catherine Popesco}... And we all know how well those Parisians dress. They can take a basic outfit and turn into something spectacular. Their secret is kick butt accessories. Jewelry, handbags, shoes, etc. So during these rough economic times when you can't splurge on a new outfit - don't skimp on the accessories. They stand out and make an impact. Plus you can get miles of wear out of them long after the big event....

and sometimes we just have to treat ourselves....

No comments:

Post a Comment